"Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go, they merely determine where you start." - Nido Qubein
Who I am and a little background
I am Dr. Barbara Draheim and I have lived and practiced Psychology in Lake Tahoe for over thirty years. I am proud to have supported the community through this time and am constantly looking for ways to give back. I have spent decades researching and training within my industry all over the world. Below you will find some of the highlights from my professional career:
- Licensed psychotherapist in both California and Nevada.
- Director & Owner of Lake Tahoe Counseling Center (Private psychology clinic for over 25 years)
- Clinical emphasis in behavior analysis and child psychology
- Thirty five plus years in training, research, and professional experience relating to child and young adult psychology
- Directed Sierra Family Services, a private, non-profit agency, which was state and federally funded for over twelve years.
- Conducted programs ranging from infant sensory motor integration and parent education to consultation for the Tahoe – Truckee School District.
- Prior guest teacher in California, Nevada, and Utah (including University of Nevada – Reno and Utah State University).
- Performed consulting services for over ten years with Tahoe Truckee Unified School District, in addition to Squaw Valley Academy, the Placer Co. Sheriff’s Dept., relating to child abuse and neglect.
- Consulted with Universities in Australia and have lead research projects in the South Pacific in the fields of child and adolescent psychology.
Lake Tahoe Counseling Services
Lake Tahoe Counseling Center is a private counseling and diagnostic clinic. While individual, marital and family therapy is a specialty, diagnostic evaluations and treatment in various areas of human development is also provided. Here are the more common counseling plans offered but please contact me for any other requests dealing with mental treatment:
- Individual Counseling
- Couples Counseling
- Marriage and Family Life Counseling
- Divorce Counseling
- Divorce Mediation
- Child Custody Court Evaluation and Representation
- Substance Abuse Counseling
- Rehabilitation Counseling
- Emotional and Behavioral Counseling
- Adolescent Counseling
- Infant/Early Childhood Education
- Group Counseling
My office is located at 3190 Fabian Way, Tahoe City, CA 96145 (Located at Dollar Hill), as seen on the map below. In certain situations, I may be able to travel to you, but I do not guarantee this. In certain cases pets are welcome to join your session, but please request permission beforehand. If you would like to find out more about Lake Tahoe Counseling Center, you may email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call either (530) 581 - 0385 or (775) 831 - 7204.